Thursday, January 29, 2009

Renaissance Man

This year for Christmas Karen, to my surprise, convinced my siblings and their spouses that we should spice up the sibling gift exchange by requiring that at least a portion of the gift be handmade. That actually ended up being a good thing for those of us who were given gifts by spouses, but not necessarily such a good thing for those who were given gifts by the siblings (except by Nat, that is). 

I actually tried to get out of doing the 'homemade' portion of my gift, but Karen was insistent that I fully participate in the activity. She suggested that I make my sister-in-law Brianne a headband. After much convincing and the use of much leverage, Karen got me in front of the sewing machine. Let's just say that it took a lot of supervision to get me from start to finish. 

I just thought this needed to be documented as evidence that I actually did do the work (not that the workmanship of the headband I made isn't evidence enough that I did it). 

The Renaissance Man at work. There isn't anything I can't do. 

Although I did have to do a substantial amount of unpicking for such a small project. 

The one I made is the red one on the end. 

5 comments:

Jill said...

You look like a natural :) Who needs wall street when you can be a seamster (is that a word?)

Nicole said...

wow!

Liz Green said...

Statement well said Bryce (There isn't anything I can't do.)! I think every husband, father and man should feel that way.

sally said...

To think I thought you were making headbands for your blonde locks of hair. Just for the record Karen is a saint for letting you touch her machine - I would never let Jay touch mine. Ok take that back, he moved it the other day for me with such ease - made me realize just how big my pregnant belly is.

Anonymous said...

I like this blog....
thanks for sharing...

___________________
Melvin
Entertainment at one stop