Monday, July 28, 2008

Adjusting to Suburbia

Reasons I know I'm adjusting to suburbia:

  • I have stopped looking for the closest parking spot and now look for the shadiest parking spot.  (rookie mistake)
  • I browsed through Macy's shoe section today and didn't once think I could never wear a pair of shoes.  In surburbia, you can wear any shoe to church if you just have to walk from the parking lot 45 feet to your church bench.
  • I plan to run errands around Jack's nap.  In the city, I would just go when I wanted.  Jack could easily sleep in his stroller if he needed a nap.  Here getting in and out of a car frequently don't make errands and napping go hand-in-hand.
  • I am now efficient when I go to a drive-up window at the bank.  I know exactly what to do.  The first time was a little rough.  (Conversation with myself...  Are you supposed to hit "call" or just hit "send carrier".  Is it rude to just send the carrier without saying hello or telling the teller what you need.  What if I just hit send carrier and the teller doesn't see it arrive?  Soot! I parked to far away.  I can't reach the carrier.  I guess I'll just take my seat belt off and open the door to reach it.)
  • I have a season pass to the waterpark - Seven Peaks.  My sister had an extra ticket and was nice enough to share it with me.  Jack and I try to go once a week and meet up with his cousins.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Love it! So many things I have not thought about before or in a long while. It has been so long since I went to the drive-thru at the bank. I was stumped for a moment too just reading about your experience. I am really impressed. One thing that I really love about suburbia is the huge aisles in the grocery store. You can fit 2 carts side-by-side, amazing! Such simple pleasures of a different kind, huh.